Tuesday, October 5, 2010

No Apologies


I've noticed that every time I tell someone that Miller has autism, they tell me how sorry they are. Like he has some life threatening virus. Miller is not dying, nor is he fragile. I can only assume that people say this because they don't know what to say. How about telling Miller what a sweet, young man he is? I suppose this just comes with the territory, but it's one thing that really irks me. The last thing I want is for people to tip toe around us like Miller might break if the wrong thing is said. Believe me, nothing will break this kid, and that is one of my favorite things about him. I don't want people to feel sorry for us. We are not sorry. Yes, things can get difficult, but we are not sorry. Miller is a huge light in many lives.

1 comment:

  1. And you show that through all of your wonderful pictures of him! You just see his personality shining through!

    ReplyDelete