Monday, July 23, 2012

Error, ERROR!!!!

It's 3am and I'm up.  This is not unusual, except tonight I had gone to bed at a decent hour in expectations of sleeping until 6am when Miller would wake up with the sun demanding food and some TV.
However, I woke up to a crying, mess of a Miller.  I thought he was cold.  I gave him a warmer shirt.  Then he runs to the kitchen and signs "more" and "hungry".  Ok, easy enough, right?  WRONG!  I give him his favorite snacks and he just screams and signs more frantically.  I show him a banana, which he grabs, so I cut that up.  NOPE.  I ask if he wants milk, the king and of all beverages to him.  NO WAY! I drag a screaming, signing Miller to the bathroom and make him go.  NO! By now you can imagine I'm frustrated and a but concerned.  Miller has never acted this way before.  Especially refusing all his favorite foods.  We go back into the kitchen and Miller is freaking out worse and stomping.  I go and wake Terry up.  We are both in a showoff with an angry 4-year-old.  The worst kind of showoff to be in.  Finally in desperation, I grab the bread and Miller politely points to it.  THE CHILD JUST WANTED A SANDWICH! Oh my.  So, I'm making a better PECS strip for the kitchen to avoid future flip outs and save me some much needed sanity.

1 comment: